Friday, October 29, 2010

October Reads

DNF ~ It was too "angsty" for me.  The characters were likeable enough; but the hero couldn't get a backbone, and the heroine couldn't get over whatever it was she couldn't get over.  I had enough and just couldn't stick it out.  That does not, however, deter me from reading future Denise Hunter books. (Contemporary Christian Romance)

You can read a review for it here.
Excellent ~ The story just pulls you in and doesn't let go until you finish.  Very well written and I look forward to reading more from Tandy Nelson in the future. (Young Adult)

You can read Ames's review here.
Loved it!  I enjoyed the characters very much and the story idea was cute. I also have to add that this may be my favorite final chapter of any book - ever. I'm so glad I read this and look forward to reading more by Denise Hunter.  (Contemporary Christian Romance)

You can read a review of it here.
This was my first book by Karen Witemeyer, but definitely not my last.  I loved it from beginning to end.  It was great fun and a joy to read. (Christian Western Historical Romance)

A review of this one can be found here.
Short and sweet.  A very heart-warming holiday story about a widower with three young children stranded for the holidays.  (Inspirational Fiction)

A review of this one can be found here.







I learned about this one over at Tracy's Place and wanted to read it immediately.  I'm so glad I did.  This was a wonderful non-stop read that caused me many hours of lost sleep, but was soooo worth it.  I haven't been a fan of Lynsay Sands in the past, but this book may tempt me to give her yet another try. (Historical Romance)

You can read a review of this one here.

I've had all of the Boscastle series collecting dust on my shelves for quite some time now.  As most of you know, I'm trying to de-clutter, so I've developed a bit of tough self-love in trying to clean out my TBR shelves. However, when I stumbled upon these, I knew I immediately had to read them.  The first book in the series is not a disappointment - I was immediately pulled in and found myself laughing a lot throughout the book.  (Historical Romance)

You can read a review of this one here.




Second in the Boscastle series.  Though not as funny as the first book, I still enjoyed it immensely.  (Historical Romance)


You can read a review of this one here.

I can't remember where I learned about this one - though I think it was from Mollie's review at Book Fare Delights.   This was a very emotional read and I was captivated from start to finish.  I've become a fan of Gayle Forman through this story and look forward to reading future releases by this author. (Young Adult)

You can read a review of this one here.





I learned about this one while searching for Susan Mallery books at Good Reads.  I actually haven't read any of the Lone Star Sisters series yet, but since this had the magic word "prequel", I figured why not start with it?  I thought it was cute - very short, but the banter between the hero and heroine made me smile.  (Western Historical Romance)

You can read a review of this one here.

4 comments:

Mollie said...

Ohh I loved the Sky is Everywhere!

Thanks for the link love on If I Stay. Glad you enjoyed it. I really loved it!

Looks like you read some great books this month!!! :D

Teena in Toronto said...

Alas, I didn't get to read as much as I would have liked in October.

nath said...

Very nice reading month, Dev :) It might have started with a DNF, but you sure picked it up afterward :)

Seaside Letters sound very good. I'll have to look out for it :) Love the cover!

Second review for Love is Blind that I'm seeing. Hmmm, the cover looks familiar, I hope it means i have in my TBR pile! LOL.

Also seem like you did very good in the YA department :)

~ames~ said...

Aww, thanks for linking to my review!

I'm glad you enjoyed it too.

I'm interested in If I Stay, but I don't know if I want to deal with another YA with death involved. Like Wena posted a while back, there's lots of death in YA.