Thursday, June 2, 2011

Here's the Thing...........

I read a really good book a few days ago and can't get it out of my mind.  It's one of those books that you just want to gush about for no apparent reason except that you loved it that much.  I enjoyed it enough that I wanted to go out and buy everything else that Morgan has written.............except, she doesn't have anything else out yet.  I can only hope she's working on something to be published soon.

For those that are interested, here's the synopsis (courtesy of fantastic fiction):

Amy Curry thinks her life sucks. Her mom decides to move from California to Connecticut to start anew--just in time for Amy's senior year. Her dad recently died in a car accident. So Amy embarks on a road trip to escape from it all, driving cross-country from the home she's always known toward her new life. Joining Amy on the road trip is Roger, the son of Amy's mother's old friend. Amy hasn't seen him in years, and she is less than thrilled to be driving across the country with a guy she barely knows. So she's surprised to find that she is developing a crush on him. At the same time, she's coming to terms with her father's death and how to put her own life back together after the accident. Told in traditional narrative as well as scraps from the road--diner napkins, motel receipts, postcards--this is the story of one girl's journey to find herself.

Awesome read and definitely a great investment if you like ya novels!

6 comments:

Rowena said...

OMG, wasn't it a great book? I adored both Roger and Amy and this book made me want to go on a road trip and have a travel journal. Such a cute story! I'm so glad you liked it!

Dev said...

I loved, loved, loved this one!! Great story :-)

~ames~ said...

I'm glad you loved this book Dev. It was one of my top reads for 2010. Everything about this book worked for me. :P

nath said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Dev!! It was definitively a great book :) and isn't it a bummer that the author doesn't have a backlist!?!? If I'm not wrong, she'll have something out next year, sigh :( Another roadtrip story, but short roadtrip...

MB said...

I'm going to have to add this to my list of books to read. The one book I've been gushing about is The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. Don't be scared off by the fact it is classified as young adult. It is amazing!

Dev said...

Ames ~ It was an awesome book..one of those that I just didn't want to end.

Nath ~ I think she's got one due to be published 2012.

MB ~ YA doesn't scare me off :-) It's one of my favorite genres!