Friday, November 11, 2011

One Week Later

I had injections last week.  For as nervous as I was, they have been a God-send.  I've gone one full week without the chronic burning between my neck & shoulder, no numbness in my fingers, and no achiness in my arm. I get a little twinge of a flare up now and then, but it's occasional and I'm in heaven!

I've been transitioning between genealogy and reading - doing a bit of both every day.  Currently, I'm on the 4th book of Toni Blake's Destiny series.  Loved, loved, loved the first two; liked the 3rd one, and so far am enjoying Holly Lane.  My goal is to read 100 books by the end of the year; so far, I've read 80.  So far, so good - but I think I need to pick up the pace a little bit if I plan to obtain this goal!

As far as genealogy goes, I'm fairly active (like on a daily basis) at ancestry.com and myheritage.com. MyHeritage is more a collection of gedcoms, but it is a great way to connect with other folks.  I've made connections with German relatives in Schleswig-Holstein which is amazing to me since I don't know much about that branch.  Rumor has it there's a written history somewhere, but I haven't been able to find a family member that knows anything about it. Then again, I wasn't too interested in my German ancestry while growing up - it has nothing to do with the sperm-donor-that-I-really-don't-consider-my-dad, but more the whole Anne Frank issue.  I loved her growing up and I was so ashamed to share heritage with the folks that were responsible for killing her.  I wanted nothing to do with it.

I also have to say that I love the changes made at www.familyhistory.org and the way the holdings are cataloged now - makes it so much easier to search and locate records!  Also, if you haven't been there before - findagrave.com is a form of crack for me.  I've actually connected with some Irish and Danish relatives through that site.

Well enough rambling for me today - I have to go in for traction today (potentially my last one!!) and then decide if I want to buy a home unit (I'm not sure it's effective enough to warrant the $$$).

Take care,
Devonna

No comments: