Monday, April 11, 2011

Whoa???!!!!

2 months?  Really?  And here I was going to be so much better about my blogging.  Ah well; evidently I'm as good at the blogging as I am at the dieting :-)  Fell off the wagon so hard it ran me over!  That ended today (well, so far - it's only noon after all!).

I ordered myself a kindle which will be delivered today.  I debated on whether to Kindle or Nook; but I finally went with amazon.  I'm more interested in the reader than the apps.  So, I am (im)patiently waiting for UPS to get here.

On genealogy news, I've been busy.  And excited. And disappointed.  I received permission from the Hennepin and Kandiyohi courts (MN) to have access to my grandma's sealed adoption records.  Which was very exciting until I found out that grandma's adoption happened in neither county.  There's also no record of birth in MN for grandma or her sister, so I now have no idea where Grandma was born. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to wait the 7 years until her records are no longer sealed.  Then again, I'll need to know where the adoption even occured.

I'm reading the Bride Quartet series by Nora Roberts now.  I just finished the first one and am anxious to start on Emma's story (book 2).  I've also pre-ordered Sean's book from the Winds of Change series by Julie Lessman.

Eating front - well, as I noted above, that's not good.  But I got back on the wagon today.  I need to persevere on this because I do not want to have to replenish the fat side of my closet.  As it is now, I did have to go drop some $$ down on a few new outfits because I have very few things that fit me now.

My mom and I are taking the girls to Hop this afternoon.  It looks cute, though I've heard all the funny parts are in the previews (isnt' that the way it always is anymore??)

Later,
Dev

1 comment:

nath said...

Hey Dev :)

We missed you! Have fun with your Kindle!

I'm so happy you're enjoying the Bride Quartet :) It's a fun series imo.

Good luck finding out more about your ancestry!